Position: Admin Support and Settlement Assistant
Nature: Fulltime (35 hours/week)
Number of Positions: 1
Report to: Executive Director
The mission of Multicultural Helping House Society (“MHHS”) as a registered non-profit society and charitable organization located on Fraser Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada, is to help newcomers succeed in Canada.
General Statement of Duties
The Admin support and Settlement Assistant serves clients by greeting, welcoming and directing them appropriately, notifies staff of clients’ arrival and maintains security and telecommunications system.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Admin support and Settlement Assistant is responsible for providing office support, and will carry out the responsibilities of the position as defined below:
Duties and Responsibilities
· Answers telephone, greets clients and gives general information in response to inquiries;
· Sorts and distributes incoming mail;
· Files correspondence, memoranda, reports and other materials alphabetically, numerically or by other prescribed method;
· Maintains routine clerical records, logs and data and compiles routine reports;
· Updates, maintains and ensure the security of the database. Schedules regular back-up of the database.
· Operates office equipment such as copiers, fax machines, word processors, or other equipment found in the work unit;
· Assists settlement officers and other coordinators;
· Logs appointment, schedules and calendars;
· Operate switchboard or telephone;
· Take and coordinate bookings/ reservations for respite housing and facility usage of the MHHS Foundation. Report same to the Officer in charge of the facilities;
· Helps in upgrades, set-up and troubleshooting of office computers and network.
· Maintains inventory and procurement of office supplies and related consumables;
· Update of brochures and related handouts and maintain adequate supply;
· Training and organizing schedules of front desk volunteers. Coordinates with Events and Volunteer Coordinator;
· Maintains society’s website and social media accounts (FB, Twitter, Instagram, etc.);
· Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules and regulations; and
· Performs other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred with an experience in office management and administration
· Knowledge of office telephone etiquette;
· Skilled in filing and recordkeeping;
· Proficiency in communication and listening skills;
· Handles clients with professionalism;
· Possesses client-focused ability;
· Competency in soft skills, in computer systems and office computer network.
· Working knowledge of office equipment such as computers and printers.
· Demonstrates tact and congeniality in dealing with clients; and
· Demonstrates initiative and willingness to accept responsibility in handling work requests
WAGE AND BENEFITS
Subject to funding confirmation. This is a full-time position, 35 hours/wk, with CPP, EI, WCB benefits and 4% vacation
· Clear criminal record check (Vulnerable sector)
Submit application online or email at hr (at) helpinghouse.org on or before October 15, 5 PM. Kindly use “Admin Support and Settlement Assistant” as the email subject. Resume and cover letter should not be more than 3 pages. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
MHHS is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time