MHHS-BC Settlement and Integrated Services
MHHS - BC Settlement and Integration Services (BCSIS) provides information and referral, resources and support to assist temporary residents settle and integrate successfully in BC. This program also aims to help eligible clients in pursuing pathways to permanent residency, access labour market information and support and be able to establish connections in the community.
This is a BC government funded program - all our services are free.
Settlement workers are available to provide one-on-one support, consultation and referrals, by appointment — at the MHHS Office, Vancouver. Our BCSIS staff can answer your questions about settlement related concerns such as: employment, government services and benefits, as well as immigration and work permits.
We offer group orientations/workshops to provide our eligible clients and their families with information on key settlement topics including:
- Housing and accommodation
- Finding employment
- Transportation system in (BC) / Applying for a BC driver’s license
- BC Employment / Labour standards
- Resume writing / Cover Letter writing / Job Search skills workshops
- Gaining Canadian experience through volunteerism
- First aid training with certification
- WHMIS with certification
- Financial literacy and money management
- Career planning and upgrade
Informal Language Practice for Adults
- English Group Conversations - We offer free English conversation circles in a comfortable and friendly environment. It is an opportunity to: Build your English skills, meet new friends and learn more about life in Canada
- Temporary Foreign Workers who have entered Canada under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program or International Mobility Program (Excluding live-in caregivers)
- Provincial Nominees who are not yet approved for permanent residency
- Post-secondary International Students who are eligible to work in Canada
- Refugee Claimants
- Naturalized Citizens who are actively looking for employment
Book an appointment with us. Our BCSIS staff can answer your questions about employment, government services and benefits, as well as immigration and work permits.
All of our services are free.