Use your strengths and talents to contribute to the community. Empower newcomers, hear their stories and be with them as they work to achieve their hopes and dreams in Canada.
Volunteering is an excellent way to get involved and give back to the community. It is also a great way to meet new people and gain professional experience. Driven by the spirit of volunteerism, Multicultural Helping House Society always welcomes opportunities to work with members of the community and its clients.
Whether you are interested in assisting in the reception, doing office work, helping with our events, or working with youth and seniors, the MHHS would love to hear from you. In turn, the MHHS hopes to provide you with an experience worth enjoying and learning from.
Please fill out our Volunteer Registration Form and, along with your resume and cover letter, submit it:
- In person at our main office (Fraser & 32nd)
- By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers will receive a certificate once they complete 40-hours.
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
MHHS needs reception assistant volunteers for Mondays to Saturdays 0900 to 1700
Duties may include:
- Greeting visitors upon check-in
- Answering the phone and inquiries
- Booking appointments for clients
- Sending emails and faxes
- Handling mail and parcels
- Basic bookkeeping, filing and clerical duties
- Ensuring reception area is tidy
Other Volunteer Opportunities:
- Outreach Ambassadors
- Volunteer Drivers (during events)